When testing Garmin wearable devices between different phones, it is important to execute the following steps:
1) Unpair from Phone A
- Go into Phone A's "Settings" menu, then "Bluetooth", then "Forget this device" for the Garmin wearable.
- Turn off Bluetooth on Phone A
2) Reset the Garmin device to factory default -- Instructions taken from Garmin website
3) Pair Garmin device with Phone B
- Follow these instructions to pair with an Android phone
- Follow these instructions to pair with an iOS phone
If these steps aren't followed, you may see that the intended phone has trouble pairing with Garmin through mEMA or mEMA-Sense. This is because the Garmin device is trying to pair with a previously paired phone first.