How To: Use images
We cover a lot of ground in this article!
Adding Images to the Photo Library
- No spaces
- Example: underscores_as_spaces.jpg
2 Optimize image:
- We recommend the image be square or close to square
- Optimal file size is 300x300 pixels
Use Images as a Response Option
Images can be used instead of text as response options in the following question types:Multiple Selection
1 Click Edit next to the question to open the wizard pictured below
2 Click the image icon next to the response field to select an image from your survey's photo library pictured below
3 Type a label for the image into the Short Text field and press Tab.
- Enter the image's filename in the Long Text field.
-The Code field will already be filled in, but you can edit it.
- Click "Set Parameters" to save.
Use Images in the Text of a Question
1 After adding the image to the library enter the filename of the image into the Long Text box .
Images in the App
See how images will appear when viewed in a survey.
- Both square and rectangular images to be used in the response fields.
2 Matrix Questions (to the right)
- Allow only square images.
- Rectangle images appear distorted.
and Discrete Sliders
- Show the images at either end.
Allow User to Take a Photo
You can prompt the participant to take a photo during the assessment
1 Create a Text Entry Question
2 Type something in the Short Text box.
3 Add the suffix "_IMG" in the Analytics Code field.
Example the Analytics Code might me"HOME_IMG" or "LUNCH_IMG"
4 When the participant uploads their data, the images will be on to the mEMA server and viewable in the
5 The question appears like so: